Virtual Reality in Bury St Edmunds with a tour of
The Guildhall in Guildhall Street
The Bury St Edmunds Guildhall is a historic building in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, England. It is a Grade I listed building and is open to the public as a museum.
The Guildhall was built in the early 13th century and was originally used as a meeting place for the town’s guilds. It was later used as a courthouse and a prison. The Guildhall was extensively restored in the 19th century and is now a museum that tells the story of Bury St Edmunds’ history.
The Guildhall is a large, rectangular building with a central courtyard. The exterior is made of red brick and has a number of decorative features, including a clock tower and a portico. The interior of the Guildhall is also impressive, with a number of large rooms, including a Great Hall, a Council Chamber, and a Courtroom.
The Guildhall is a popular tourist destination and is a great place to learn about the history of Bury St Edmunds. It is also a popular venue for weddings and other events.
Here are some interesting facts about the Bury St Edmunds Guildhall:
- The Guildhall is one of the largest and most impressive secular medieval buildings in the country.
- The building was built with financial support from the wealthy Bury St Edmunds Abbey.
- The Guildhall was used as a courthouse and a prison until the 19th century.
- The Guildhall was extensively restored in the 19th century.
- The Guildhall is now a museum that tells the story of Bury St Edmunds’ history.
- The Guildhall is a popular tourist destination.
- The Guildhall is a popular venue for weddings and other events.
If you are visiting Bury St Edmunds, I highly recommend visiting the Guildhall. It is a fascinating building with a rich history.
D C Property Photography, and has created quite a few places in and around Bury St Edmunds
Greene King Brewery Virtual Reality
The Weeping Willow Virtual Reality
St Edmundsbury Cathedral Virtual Reality
The White Horse Whepstead Virtual Reality
The Theatre Royal Virtual Reality
Pod Hollow West Stow Virtual Reality